Christian Help for Your Business with Customer Service, Accounting & Collections
2522 Sugar Cane Place
Duluth, Ga. 30096
Phone (770) 476-8924
An opportunity to utilize my knowledge and strengths in leadership, customer service, credit, collections and accounting to contribute to the achievement of company goals and objectives.
CREDIT/AR MANAGER HUDDLE HOUSE, INC., ATLANTA, GA 2009 Sept. – April 1, 2011
Responsible for all credit and collections and other A/R related functions for over 400 Franchisees managing 1 employee. Establish policies and procedures to improve DSO and reduce past due bad debt accounts.
- Implemented system to insure credit hold on orders for customer’s presenting NSF checks and ACH payments, to allow continued purchase of required food items
- Charged with pursuit of aged receivables deemed uncollectible through use of third party sources.
- Managed daily cash application for accuracy and timely processing
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports to CFO
Corporate Credit/Collection Manager – SCM Group USA, Inc., Duluth, GA 2001- June 1. 2009
Manage all credit and collection activity for SCM Group, USA, the US affiliate of Italy’s SCM Group S.P.A., the worlds premier manufacturer of machinery for the woodworking and plastics industries with annual U.S. sales volume of $65 million generated from domestic, international and dealer sales production. With a staff of two employees responsibilities and accomplishments are:
- Immediately charged with the reconciliation and reduction of the $15 million in outstanding receivables
- Reduced Bad Debt from 760K to 31K
- Achieved the reduction of the average DSO from 95 to a current average of 35 to 40 days
- Consistently manage the over 90 day balance below the bench mark of 12% through implantation of credit hold
- Successfully implemented use of automated systems for payment processing by credit card, ACH and Check by Phone and implemented automatic UCC-1 filings for all machine sales.
- Established new dealer implementation procedures and secured all signed dealer contracts and processed their sales commissions.
- Charged with the responsibility to oversee 3 additional SCM companies in 2007 and promoted to Corporate Credit Manager. Interviewed and hired credit/collection assistant manager in Mexico after being given responsibility for that office.
- Awarded as top achiever in 2003 for achieving the lowest DSO of 35 days in the company history.
CREDIT MANAGER - eMag Solutions, LLC., Atlanta, GA 1999-2001
In May 1999 the Magnetics Division of Anacomp was sold to private investors. Continued in my role of Worldwide Credit Manager reporting to the CFO.
- Reduced the average DSO from 50 to 48 days worldwide.
- Consistently maintained less than 5% outstanding over 60 days.
- Traveled to Asia to develop relationship with distributors and encourage prompt payment. Resulted in reduced DSO of 58 days.
- Pilot team member for testing of new software system.
- Successful in conversion of A/R from HP to IBM 400 and PRMS software, with minimal impact to customers or cash flow.
Credit/Collection Manager – Anacomp Inc., Atlanta, GA 1994-1999
Managed daily credit and collection activity on $156 million in annual revenue for Magnetics Division produced by their domestic and international accounts. Established and reviewed credit limits, terms and letters of credit and was the European operation liaison to insure international credit terms were maintained.
- Reduced the average DSO from 55 to 50 days in domestic category and from 81 to 70 days in international.
- Consistently achieved average of 118% of company established monthly goal.
- Reduced balances over 60 days by 77% domestic, 10% international, in first 3 months of assuming responsibility.
- Negotiated payment terms for customers experiencing cash flow difficulties.
- Designed and implemented procedures used by collections staff, allowing achievement of 5.5MM monthly goal.
- Trained European staff in collection techniques, policies and credit guidelines.
- Selected as member of Top Achievers Club of 1997.
Credit/Recovery Coordinator – Alco Capital Resources, Macon, GA 1993-1994
Responsible for the implementation, training and continuous development of automated credit scoring and lease input system and start-up of the asset recovery department.
- Responsible for the continuous monitoring of the score card system to insure performance maintains set credit policy guidelines
- Created the recovery department to handle bankruptcies, settlement and litigation accounts
- Established policies, procedures, budget and income projections for new recovery department
- Implemented training program for the 63 Alco dealers and internal staff on credit/lease automation procedures
Customer Service/Collection MANAGER - Secured Funding Source, Atlanta, GA 1991-1993
As a Co-Founder, responsible for the creation, training and management of daily operations for the customer service and collection departments. Designed and implemented procedures and programs to insure productivity and quality service. MIS coordinator for software and hardware with home office.
- Active participant in all start up activities.
- Successfully managed programs which produced fee income from 95% of portfolio.
- Effectively managed a portfolio, achieving a delinquency of 5%.
- Interfaced and assisted management in enhancing new computer system.
- Recognized by management for providing above standard service to customers.
- Designed management reports to successfully monitor and project growth and profitability.
Customer Service MANAGER - G.E. Capital Vendor Equipment Finance, Atlanta, GA 1987-1991
Responsible for the creation of an enhanced customer service department, resulting in excellent service levels to internal/external customers and vendors.
- Implemented a robust call center system to increase internal productivity and efficiency resulting in more responsive external customer service
- Efficiency and productivity levels improved by over 75% while duplication of effort decreased.
- Reduced lost calls by 50% through effective monitoring of call accounting system.
- Successfully implemented and managed insurance program that generated $2MM in income over 5 months.
- Designed and implemented advertising program of department’s new services achieving upper management’s recognition.
- Initiated intercompany training program to enhance and broaden knowledge
Eastern Region Collection Supervisor - G.E. Capital Vendor Equipment Finance, Atlanta, GA
Supervised daily collection efforts of department. Established, implemented and trained staff in policies and procedures to reduce delinquency. Reviewed accounts for charge off and recommended further action.
- Reduced delinquency from 9% to 5% on a receivable balance of $376MM.
- Managed a $5MM acquired portfolio, accounts ranging from $10K to $660K, reducing delinquency from 27% to 10%.
- Individual collector’s effectiveness in region improved from 70% to 85%.
- Prepared rewrites of large balance accounts; negotiated settlements which reduced losses and kept write offs below budget.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Broward Community College Award Certificate in recognition of successfully completing seminar
Managing Total Quality Workshop to become Facilitator How to deal with People and their Attitudes and Personalities
Dun & Bradstreet Fundamentals of the Credit Functions Invited to the Flying High “98” Achievers Club of Anacomp
ELA Management and Operations Conference
Credit and Financial Analysis
Management and Goal Setting Seminars
Numerous Credit and Collection and Time Management Seminars
References available upon request