Atlanta, Tucker, Decatur CPA: Receiving IRS Help On the Telephone
The IRS offers a multitude of services through their phone representatives. We have listed the most common below:
• You can use 1-800-TAX-FORM to order forms and papers for the current year, regulations and instructional documents, and forms and such from the previous years. The shipping time is an average of 10 days.
• You can call 1-800-829-1040 to call the IRS and get in line with an agent or representative that can help you through your tax questions and or problems.
• You can schedule appointments to go in to your nearest IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center through their local land line. Going in to these centers is a beneficial way to receive personal help on your tax questions and problems. The local numbers for Georgia can be found on this web page http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/article/0,,id=98270,00.html
• You can find help if you have TTY/TDD equipment as well
• You can also ask for help on TeleTax, which has a database of previously recorded messages related to self-selected tax issues.
• You can call 1-800-829-4477 or 1-800-829-1954 to ask questions about your refund information for the previous fiscal and tax year. You will need to give the IRS up to three full days to return to you with this information as it takes some time and labor to get the precise amounts. Be prepared with your main tax documents and return from the previous year before you call these numbers so that you can be better prepared to answer the questions they have for you.
• You can also ask about other refunds from previous years through this number: 1-800-829-1040
Though many smaller issues such as requesting a copy of a prior tax return or a copy of a prior tax form can be best handled by yourself. I suggest that all taxpayers who are facing any substantive issues such as the below retain a CPA who is well versed in tax representation issues, back taxes and tax advocacy.
Help Avoid an IRS Audit
Discover simple steps that you can do to help prevent an IRS audit. Though the tax code is at times very difficult to understand and comply, these basic simple steps will help you avoid an IRS audit. See http://www.hiscpa.com/avoiding-audits.html
Atlanta Offer in Compromise
When all else fails and if you qualify, the IRS and Georgia both have a program which will enable you to work to solve the severest tax problems. Visit http://www.hiscpa.com/offer-in-compromise.html
Atlanta CPA on IRS Installment Plans for Atlanta Taxpayers
The IRS has long been in the business of helping taxpayers get back into the system to ensure that taxpayers are able to pay their taxes over time. For those who do not qualify for an Offer in Compromise or to pay the taxes and interest in full, while seeking penalty abatement, an Atlanta Installment Plan is a prudent and wise choice and alternative to get your past taxes due paid and current. See how an Atlanta CPA firm can help at http://www.hiscpa.com/installment-plans.html
We serve clients that are located in Atlanta GA, Gwinnett County, Duluth, Lawrenceville, Snellville, Dunwoody, Lilburn, Decatur, Tucker, Suwanee, Cobb County, Forsyth County, Berkeley Lake, Dacula, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Lawrenceville, Marietta, Milton, Norcross & Beyond as a Faith Based CPA Firm.
Your Rights as a Taxpayer