- February 04th, 2013
- John Dillard
- Income Tax Preparation of Corporate & Personal Income Taxes
- 0 Comments
Filing Your Personal Income Tax Returns
The initial due date for your 2012 personal income tax returns is April 15, 2013 However with a valid extension you have file your Personal Returns as late as October 15, 2013. Please be reminded that an extension to file is not an extension to pay and both the IRS and GA will assess penalties and interest for late payment as both the IRS & GA is a pay as you go system (i.e., generally payments are made as your earn/make money).
Be Sure You do your taxes correctly so you will avoid unnecessary IRS audits, liens, collections, amendments, penalties and interest. The below is a sample letter we might send to a taxpayer to ensure that a proper return is filed reflecting only their lowest legal possible tax:
Got the information for your personal returns and need to know:
Are you going to file jointly? It is almost always better financially to file jointly as that is the lowest tax rate and Married filing separately is the highest.
If you do opt to file married filing separately, who will claim your children, claim your mortgage interest expense and who will claim the real estate taxes on your home.
Please note do not yet have any of the rental property information.
Top Ten Reasons to Hire a Christian CPA Firm
- We care much more about you and your business than just your taxes. We believe our clients are much more than just customers.
- We focus on how short-term issues impact long-term decisions.
- We answer questions you did not even know you had/knew were important.
- We are proactive in our tax planning and consistently think “outside the box.”
- We practice the “Golden Rule” focusing on serving your needs.
- You want fast efficient turnaround in your work/returns.
- You want accurate information.
- You want your calls and correspondence responded to quickly.
- You believe traditional business and moral principles are important.
- You want to pay your lowest legal possible tax.
www.HisCPA.com A Christian CPA Firm in Duluth GA Proudly Serving Suwanee, Lawrenceville, Snellville, Lilburn, Duluth, Norcross, Peachtree Corners, Atlanta, Gwinnett, Johns Creek, Roswell, Forsyth, Flowery Branch, Buford, Dunwoody, Grayson, Alpharetta, Roswell, Sandy Springs & Tucker as a Faith Based CPA