Atlanta CPA: Should Christians Pay Their Bills?
Should Believers let Grace Cover Their Responsibilities?
Should We Who Follow Christ Live Up to our Word?
In the New Testament Jesus himself told us several times to let your yes be yes and your no be no.
As such we should always seek to have easy to understand contracts and to never make a commitment that we are not able to fulfill.
Though there will be times in life where items are beyond our control, there remains a vast majority of times where we can and should fulfill our obligations of all types, if we have originally committed or agreed.
Top 5 Ways to Keep Your Word
To be sure fulfill all of your agreements be sure to:
1. Think Before You Leap. Take at least 24 hours before making any important decisions and even longer or more important ones.
2. Seek Wise Counsel. Don’t make decisions in a vacuum. Surrounding yourself with good advisers is essential to prudent decision making.
3. Put Your Plans Before the Lord. Ask God What He Thinks Before You Leap. Carefully and with great wisdom and discernment will do much to help you follow the prompting of the Holy Spirit.
4. Count the Costs. Though there will be times that God will have you step out solely on faith, there will also be many where God will consider your efforts folly if you fail to carefully contemplate what is involved financially and time-wise.
5. Have Margins: God himself took a week to create the world but he had margins so that He was able to do it in six and rest on the seventh. Be careful to allow for extra time, extra resources as most everything in your life will take more than one contemplates.
Are you being a good steward of your word?
Ask God today to reveal to you opportunities for personal and spiritual growth.
As Believers it is O.K. and appropriate to ask those who obligate to pay you to do so. The below is a sample letter we might send to a client to request that they take care of their financial obligations:
Please let me know today if you can drop out a check today…
For monies billed that are now over 30 days.
If for any reason you cannot please call me so can arrange as to when you will be able to do so.
Thanks for taking care of this…it will allow me to cash flow and plan for upcoming obligations and expenditures.
Visit us online at www.HisCPA.com A Christian CPA Firm